The Photo Shoot Session
The first step in my process is to have a discussion with you to plan the photo shoot. Here I aim to understand the style of photography you are after, the emotion, what it is needed for, where the portrait will be placed within your home, your home decor, to ensure the portrait suits the home decor location, to me these factors all come in to place as I aim to give you the best result and satisfaction of your vision.
I love people and try to build a rapport with you and your loved ones, if you all feel comfortable and relaxed and happy then this reflects in your portraits too.
After the portrait session I will edit all the images and make an appointment with you for viewing them. This appointment can take some time in choosing your image selections. With very young children they can get tired and can be a distraction to your decisions as selections should not be rushed. Please consider the importance of this appointment.
Once images are chosen I will give each of them full individual attention with retouches and enhancements to the level of your taste. They will be printed on high quality papers and inks with a professional lab that specialises with weddings and portraits. Your Portraits are priceless and will give you years of viewing pleasure.
What to Wear
1. It is advisable to have up to 2 changes of clothing for everyone in the portrait session.
Modelling Portfolios and Glamour Sessions require 3 changes of clothing.
2. If there is more than 1 person in the portrait co-ordinated dress is very important i.e. all in the same colour scheme of dress - all in black.....
3. Avoid clothing with patterns, logos, stripes, bright colours so clothes don't attract the attention from the faces and skin, clothes like this date over time.
3. If white is worn by the one person within a group portrait, this will stand out in the group more than the other people which all people need to share equal attention within a portrait, unless the whole group is wearing white of course.
4. Hats, accessories for fun, toys are ok to bring.
5. In formal portraits no strong jewellery is to be worn on necklines, chests or ears as it will attract attention away from the face.
6. For young children, some snacks and drinks brought along to the photo session would be great.
1. In the Studio I have displays of Frames and matte boards to complete the portrait process.
2. Storyboards, Collages, artwork are available.
3. Photo table books in various sizes available enquire about prices.
4. Your Travel Pictures can be edited and processed by me into a Photo Book.